Date:      Thu, 5 Nov 98 09:55:43 +0100
From:      Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
To:        root@fw.msystem.hu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   getty problem

Hello,

While not a direct answer to your question : I've used mgetty from the
ports to manage dial-ins from modems and it works fine.

I like mgetty because it actually manages the modem port (you don't have
to configure the modems in auto-answer : mgetty sends the "answer" AT
command after a certain number of "RING" messages).

The install from the ports was quite painless (just read carefully the
docs).

	Hope this helps

	TfH