Date:      Tue, 8 Oct 2002 15:42:19 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
To:        Eric Six <erics@sirsi.com>
Cc:        "'Steven Garrett'" <StevenG@cometsystems.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: ncsd

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Eric Six wrote:

> Run Bind as a caching only server. Ncsd is a sun program if I am
> correct.. I don't ever recall seeing it anywhere else (aix, *bsd).

	To run bind:

	# cd /etc/namedb
	# sh make-localhost
	# named

	Edit /etc/rc.conf and add (so it starts when system boots):

		named_enable="YES"

	Edit /etc/resolv.conf and make sure that the following is in
	there:

		nameserver 127.0.0.1

Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
- WARNING TO ALL PERSONNEL:
   Firings will continue until morale improves.