Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 18:01:17 +0300
From:      Stanislav Grozev <tacho@orbitel.bg>
To:        Plamen Stoev <plamen@office.triada.bg>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs

On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 05:33:23PM +0300, Plamen Stoev wrote:
> Hello FreeBSD :)
>=20
> I have a problem with my FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE:
>=20
> $ whoami
> root
> $ kldload /modules/ipfw.ko
> IP packet filtering initialized, divert enabled, rule-based
> forwarding enabled, default to deny, logging enabled
> May 31 16:00:27 /kernel: IP packet filtering initialized, divert
> enabled, rule-based forwarding enabled, default to deny,
> logging enabled
> May 31 16:00:27 /kernel: IP packet filtering initialized, divert
> enabled, rule-based forwarding enabled, default to deny,
> logging enabled
> $ ping 127.0.0.1
> PING 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1): 56 data bytes
> ping: sendto: Permission denied

as you can see, the above says 'default to deny' - ie. it denies each and
every packet in either direction. make some rulesets first, or change the
default policy to accept (which I am not recomending!).

-tacho

--
   [i don't follow] | daemonz.org/ | tacho@daemonz.org | 0x44FC3339
   [everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler]

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs--