Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 2008 18:00:10 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd@optiksecurite.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What happened to NO_OPENSSH in make.conf with FreeBSD 7?

In the last episode (Apr 23), FreeBSD said:
> Hello everyone,
>
> With FreeBSD 6.2-Release, I added the option NO_OPENSSH=true in the
> make.conf I use to build jails. But, I just rebuilded a jail in FreeBSD
> 7-Release and I realized at the mergemaster step of the update that there
> were a lot of files related to OpenSSH that needed to be installed. By
> checking the man and /usr/share/examples/etc/make.conf, I find no reference
> to this option anymore.
>
> Can someone shed some light on this?

They have been converted to ports-style WITH/WITHOUT_* flags, and the
preferred location is /etc/src.conf (so as to not add unnecessary
defines to other programs that happen to use make).  See the src.conf
manpage for the full list.  I thought the NO_* flags were still
supported, though (according to the 20060317 /usr/src/UPDATING entry).

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com