Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 1995 18:40:10 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        "Craig M. Jones" <cmjones@wolf.co.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 950322-SNAP adaptec AHA-2940 pci card

>Hi
>I have been using FreeBSD 1.51 for a long time now & am very impressed with
>FreeBSD. It has been working as our network server very nicely.
>Thanks to all the people working on it!
>
>Now for the problem.
>I am installing 950322-SNAP on pentium 90 pci with an adaptec 2940 scsi
>controller. The boot floppies finds the card & I can install all the way to
>the reboot from hard disk. While rebooting it hangs on waiting for scsi
>devices to settle. I then booted the fixit disk, which booted ok. I can
>mount & use the hard drive with this disk. I tried to lower the bus speed
>as somone else on the list suggested from 10MHZ to 5MHZ no luck.
>
>Any sugestions?
>
>Craig Jones
>Univ. of Minnesota
>cmjones@wolf.co.net

Do you have any devices (my guess would be a network adaptor since the drivers
for them are not in the boot floppy's kernel) that have a conflicting interrupt?
I didn't have shared interrupts working properly in the 294x driver for the
322 SNAP, but will shortly, so I'm hoping this is your problem.  If not, please
drop me a line.
--
Justin T. Gibbs
TCS Instructional Group - Programmer/Analyst 1