Date:      Wed, 17 Jun 1998 17:19:19 +0800
From:      fschan@capgemini.com.sg (Chan, Fook Sheng)
To:        "'malte@webmore.com'" <malte@webmore.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: questions on Apache user authentication

Hi Malte,

Thanks so much for responding, I still have some questions, hope you will
help me.

Best Regards,

Fook Sheng

On 17-Jun-98 Chan, Fook Sheng wrote:
> I try "dbmmanage /usr/local/etc/httpd/users adduser martin hamster" and
> get "./:Permission denied"

Check the permissions in /usr/local/etc/httpd/users
Are you root when doing this ?
[Chan, Fook Sheng]  Yes, I'm root when doing this. I have tried in other
directories as well, the file "user" is non existent, it should be created
by running dbmmanage according to some documents from apacheweek.com,
correct me if I'm wrong.
 > I try "make htpasswd" in 1.2.6 source, and get
> "/var/tmp/ccCR18211.o:Undefined symbol '_crypt' referenced fro text
> segment

Add "-lcrypt" to the link command.
[Chan, Fook Sheng]  I try adding "-lcrypt" to the Makefile.tmpl so that it
becomes "blah blah ....
$<CC> $<CFALGS> htpasswd.c -o -lcrypt htpasswd $(LIBS)
Malte.

E-Mail: Malte Lance <malte@webmore.com>