Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 12:50:03 -0600
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
To:        "David J. MacKenzie" <djm@web.us.uu.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fwd: [PAM broken design? pam_setcred]

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 01:39:44PM -0500, David J. MacKenzie wrote:

> I forwarded your example to the Linux-PAM maintainters, and got back
> a reply favoring the approach you intuitively expect; to save the
> pam_sm_authenticate() results and call the same modules' pam_sm_setcred()
> functions.
>
> The bug report is in the tracking system at:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=129775&group_id=6663

Thanks much for following this up, David.  I had been aware of the bug
since November (when I first mailed the PAM maintainer about it), but
I had too much above it in my TODO list to look after it :-(

Hopefully this will be fixed and then we can import it.

Or maybe _you_ could import it, *hint* *hint*

Cheers,
--
Jacques Vidrine / n@nectar.com / jvidrine@verio.net / nectar@FreeBSD.org