Date:      Mon, 4 Nov 2002 13:19:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      Ben Hockenhull <benh@jpj.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Firewire problems

Hi there,

I have a Sony Vaio R505EC laptop, running 4.7-STABLE (Nov 3 is the most
recent cvsup I've done) and I was excited to see the support for firewire
added.  However, I've run into a problem:

XXXfw: vendid=104c, dev=8023
fwohci0: <1394 Open Host Controller Interface> mem 0xe0200000-0xe0203fff,0xe0209000-0xe02097ff at device 2.0 on pci2
fwohci0: Invalid irq 255
fwohci0: Please switch PNP-OS to 'No' in BIOS
device_probe_and_attach: fwohci0 attach returned 6

I checked, and PNP-OS is set to No in the BIOS, and my kernel does not
have the options PNPBIOS enabled.

Is this related to this laptop being APCI-centric, or is there something
else I can try?

Thanks

Ben

--