Date:      Fri, 28 Sep 2001 15:22:30 +0100
From:      "Cyrille Lefevre" <clefevre@citeweb.net>
To:        "HIYAMA Takeshi" <hym@cocoa.freemail.ne.jp>
Cc:        <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   libgtop sucks (was Re: ports/30372: Update: seti_applet (0.4.1))

> From: HIYAMA Takeshi <hym@cocoa.freemail.ne.jp>

> don't
> > > This problem?
> >
> > yes.
> >
> > > I think deinstall and reinstall of devel/libgtop from ports will solve
> the
> > > problem.
> >
> > no, it didn't. my libgtop is up to date. well, some other gnome
components
> > aren't. but I haven't the space, the power and the time to build them.
> > I'm waiting for
ftp://FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-4-stable
> > to be up to date.
> >
> Oh,I should have explained little bit more.
> libgtop stores version of OS which you compiled libgtop.
> When libgtop runs, it checks current OS's version, and stops if they are
> different.

ok, I understand my problem right now, thanks.
I will try (again) this evening :^)

> In your case, version when you compiled libgtop is "FreeBSD 4.2-BETA",
> and now you are running "FreeBSD 4.4-stable", I guess.

well, I'm always running -stable, but pre-compiled stuff on ftp.freebsd.org
aren't.

> This means if version of FreeBSD you are running changes,
> you always have to recompile, or reinstall from package libgtop even if
it's
> version is up to date.

IMHO, that library sucks and pre-compiled versions of this library are
unusuable !

CC: -ports

Cyrille.
--