Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 1996 17:02:43 -0400
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        bill@twwells.com (T. William Wells)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: performance effects of many interface addresses?

<<On 14 Jun 1996 16:14:06 -0400, bill@twwells.com (T. William Wells) said:

> There is a loop that looks through in_ifaddr in ipintr.  It takes
> about 7 tests/address.

This code is going away as a part of my work on an IP Fast Path.
(Thank you for providing one somewhat-convincing argument why Fast
Path Input is a good idea.)  It will probably take a while before this
work makes it into FreeBSD proper (2.3?).

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.