Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 19:26:43 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        jmanley@metronet.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.1-RC hangs on boot

Jim Manley wrote:

> Something else I noticed - when I run make buildworld, I see the "Don't forget
> to do make depend" statement.  Is make depend still required?

No, not when you are upgrading using the buildworld, buildkernel,
installkernel, reboot, installword sequence from /usr/src/UPDATING. It
is really important while all of the code is changing around for the
4.1 release that you do not use the config kernel sequence. The proper
tools may not be available when you go to do the make. It will also
cause crashes like you are seeing.

Kent

> Jim

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kbstew99@hotmail.com

Bomber dropping fire retardant in front of Hanford Wild fire.
http://kstewart.urx.com/kstewart/bomber.jpg