Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2000 09:01:51 +0100 (CET)
From:      Micke Josefsson <mj@isy.liu.se>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   About CVSup

If I cvsup with this stable-supfile:

*default host=cvsup.se.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_3
*default delete use-rel-suffix
src-all

The actual GUI cvsup seems to go well, except I get 'various' errors
when I later 'cd /usr/src; make buildworld -DNOSECURE'.

Is this an indication of the downloaded code to be malfunctioning
or is it a problem at my end?

I'm running version 3.1 on this box and the 'cvsup and buildworld'
sometimes runs OK, sometimes not. If I try long enough ie. every second
day or so eventually everyting goes OK. But since I'm trying to cvsup
stable, should this not always be the case?

Mostly curious...

/Micke

PS the same scenario happened when cvsupping my 2.2.5 to 2.2.8 at home,
and another 3.1 I work on.

PS2. I have even tried to remove the entire /usr/src, and cvsupped everything
anew, to no avail...

PS3. No I haven't saved the errors, but they seem to appear at no specific
place, from cvsup to cvsup.
Michael Josefsson, MSEE
mj@isy.liu.se

This message was sent by XFMail