Date:      Mon, 8 May 95 10:41:11 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        hasty@star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Interesting sound card problems (in FreeBSD 2.0R.)

> I was under the impression that you could rent a periscope for less than
> $250 / month which would the job with FreeBSD or dos. I saw an ad about
> this a couple of months ago from the company which manufacturers the
> periscope.

For that price, I could purchase a Developer copy, SDK, DDK, and WINICE
for Windows 95 in two months.

On the other hand, for a short term project, the rental's a much lower
cost than buying the thing... probably not worth it to get a sound
card working either way: for $250 you can buy a good sound card instead.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.