Date:      Sun, 30 Jun 1996 22:36:31 -2800 (EDT)
From:      John Brann <jbrann@panix.com>
To:        ajohn@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us (Anil John)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org (freeq)
Subject:   Re: Missing File - libc.s0.3.0 - help!

Anil John wrote...
> Greetings,
>
> After much trial and error I finally mangaged to get X running with my ATI
> Graphics Xpression card (had to use the beta Mach64 server). I also got the
> 'xdm' window manager running.
>
> But after I installed the fvwm,xfm & xpm packages using pkg_add, I could
> not get fvwm window manager running.  I got a message that says:
>
> ld.so: fvwm: Can't find shared library "libc.so.3.0'
>
> I also got the same missing library message when I tried to run 'xli'.
>
> where does one find this shared library and once I find it, which directory
> should I put it in.
>
> Anil

> CyberForge Group LLC                * Internet Consulting
> E-Mail: ajohn@cyberforge.com        * WWW Publishing
> 410-597-8139                        * LAN & WAN Integration

I suspect you are running 2.1 Release, but that the version of fvwm was
ported / packaged later than that.  Go back to the package which was
synchronized with 2.1 and you shouldn't have any trouble.

The major number (or whatever it's called on a shared lib) of libc.so.?.?
was changed recently (2.2 SNAPs have had 3.0 in them).

John

--
Beavis and Butt-Head;  Vladimir and Estragon for the '90s.

finger jbrann@panix.com for pgp public key