Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 1996 17:53:16 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Karl Denninger  <karl@Mcs.Net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   What gives here folks?

Background:	I have the CVS tree here (last updated last night).

I do a "setenv CVSROOT /usr/cvs"
I then do a "cvs co ports"

The ports tree gets populated, as expected.

Ok, now I should be able to build these things, right?  First has to be the
X11 distribution, since I didn't load it originally.  So now I do this:

cd x11
make XFree86

And, after a few hours of grabbing the files from all over tarnation, the
checksums pass (whew!), it asks me which servers to build and then:

rm -f AuGetBest.c
ln -s ../../lib/Xau/AuGetBest.c AuGetBest.c
rm -f AuFileName.c
ln -s ../../lib/Xau/AuFileName.c AuFileName.c
rm -f AuRead.c
ln -s ../../lib/Xau/AuRead.c AuRead.c
rm -f Wrap.h
ln -s ../../lib/Xdmcp/Wrap.h Wrap.h
rm -f Wrap.c
ln -s ../../lib/Xdmcp/Wrap.c Wrap.c
make: don't know how to make ../../lib/Xdmcp/Wraphelp.c. Stop
*** Error code 2

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

There's files missing in the distribution?!  Now what?

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1 from $600 monthly; speeds to DS-3 available
			     | 23 Chicagoland Prefixes, 13 ISDN, much more
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1]     | Email to "info@mcs.net" WWW: http://www.mcs.net/
Fax:   [+1 312 248-9865]     | Home of Chicago's only FULL Clarinet feed!