Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2001 07:43:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jaime <jaime@snowmoon.com>
To:        "pingcrisis.com\\Ting Ping\\" <tingping@HotPop.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Security Question.

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, pingcrisis.com\Ting Ping\ wrote:
> May i know is there any way i could set my freebsd box so that i could
> track what my users on my box were doing and also their network
> informations such as IP address etc.

	Just to get you started, you might want to look at the commands
last, finger, w, and who.  I've not really heard of any reliable way to
handle logging of commands, though.  Also, keep an eye on your periodic
reports.  (You are forwarding root's email to your regular account,
right?)

							Jaime

--
"[A]s we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should
be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and