Date:      Wed, 05 May 1999 23:15:55 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        hosokawa@itc.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
Cc:        new-bus-arch@bostonradio.org, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pccard rewrite, patch #1

In message <199905051529.AAA16840@afs.ntc.mita.keio.ac.jp> HOSOKAWA Tatsumi writes:
: I tested it now, but I can't compile GENERIC at first.
: I did s/#include "card.h"/#include "pccard.h"/,
: and s/NCARD/NPCCARD/, GENERIC was compiled without errors.
: Did I something wrong?

No.  I did.  I had a card.h left over in my compile area, so I didn't
catch this problem.  I have corrected it.

: I boot the new kernel on my Toshiba Libretto SS1000.
: But no PC-card slots were probed (today's current finds PC-card slots,
: but insertion and removal does not cause interrupt).

Hmmm.  IIRC, that machine has a pci cardbus bridge.  I must have
fubar'd the legacy probe/enable support.  I'm working on writing a
card bus bridge driver so that all card bus bridges will work (at
least all of the YENTA ones.  The newconfig folks have a driver which
I'm porting over.  This should make the pci cardbus machines more
reliable.  I'm doing this because my cardbu machine is being flakey in
generation of interrupts...  Sometimes it does and sometimes it
doesn't.

Warner