Date:      Sat, 6 Jul 1996 11:43:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        Pedro A M Vazquez <vazquez@IQM.Unicamp.BR>
Cc:        lenzi@cwbone.bsi.com.br, dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, tinman@cco.net, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Windows and DOS for Free BSD

On Sat, 6 Jul 1996, Pedro A M Vazquez wrote:

> Hello Sergio
> 	Do you have an URL fro GP PARI? An regards matlab, haven't you
> all tried octave?
>
> Pedro

You seem to have missed the part where I said "Engineering classes
require matlab".  I have Octave, I've used it for myself, but not for
engineering or math classes (which require Mathematica, just to show
they're damn stubborn).  The keyword here is require, it's not up to me.

> > > Unfortunately, yes.  Engineering classes here require matlab, which
> > > unfortunately is a dos beast.  I'd LOVE to be able to run it (or Mathcad,
> > > even better) under FreeBSD.
> > >
> > Hello all!
> >
> > I have the same problem HERE, people wanting to use math... I ask a
> > polish math professor, and he presented me to GP PARI.
> > I see the program working, it's Free and Fantastic, plot graphics,
> > multiple precision math, unlimited user space,  and very, very FAST.
> >

> > Hope this will help.

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |