Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 1999 18:34:55 +1100
From:      Joe Shevland <J_Shevland@TurnAround.com.au>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Java wrapper/Jikes question

That's what I was after :) but I think I'm being misleading or unclear.

I think you must be able to specify to the GnuJSP servlet what Java
compiler to use (javac/jikes) when compiling the JSP files in to
servlets dynamically. Soft-linking javac to point to the jikes binary
seems OK to me for now... I've just renamed the previous javac link to
javac_old. Unless I'm dodging important stuff in the .java_wrapper file?
I haven't tried it under X yet but it shouldn't make a difference for
the compiler (there's no javac_X).

I wouldn't have thought the servlet configuration would handle where to
look for the actual compiler, only the runtime...

Just something I noticed, what's the difference between the 'jre' and
the 'java' executables in the i386/green_threads directory?

Cheers,
Joe.

Amancio Hasty wrote:

> Not sure what the purpose is of creating a soft link to point to the jdk. Just
> modify
> your servlet configuration file to use jikes.
>
>         Amancio

Joe Shevland
Principal Consultant
TurnAround Solutions Pty Ltd