Date:      Sat, 11 Dec 1999 17:34:22 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@freebsd.org>
To:        isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   300 Baud V.21 modem for I4B

No, I'm not kidding.

As my "crazy Xmas project" for 1999, I implemented a V.21 300 bps
modem in software for I4B.  It actually works (see below).

It works as a program you run on top of the "tel" device, just
like the "answer" or "record" programs.

Before any of you ask: No, higher speeds are not planned, and
I will not have time to do it, but if somebody know an EE student
doing some DSP 1200 and 2400 is releatively trivial to do.

300 bps isn't much, but it is enough for me to get in
touch with my systems from POTS if I really have to.

Do we want to integrate this in I4B ?

Poul-Henning

|AT
|OK
|ATDT58561058
|CARRIER   300
|PROTOCOL: None
|COMPRESSION: None
|CONNECT 115200
|login: root
|Password:
|Last login: Sat Dec 11 09:25:00 on ttyp4
|Copyright (c) 1980, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994
|	The Regents of the University of California.  All rights reserved.
|
|FreeBSD 4.0-CURRENT (VARMPOST) #14: Sat Dec 11 05:00:37 CET 1999
|
|You have new mail.
|Never make anything simple and efficient when a way can be found to
|make it complex and wonderful.
|varmpost# logout
|NO CARRIER

FreeBSD -- It will take a long time before progress goes too far!