Date:      Wed, 16 Jun 1999 19:21:38 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <markov@globalnet.co.uk>
To:        Ada <acheng@barrow.uwaterloo.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to copy large files (4M) onto dos formatted floppy

On Wed, Jun 16, 1999 at 02:07:09PM -0400, Ada wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I need to copy a large file (just under 4M) onto dos formatted
> floppies (formatted using fdformat and mkdosfs).  I know for unix I can
> use something like tar -cvMf , is there something similar for putting
> large files on dos formatted floppies? Many thanks in advance.
> Ada

Take a look at InfoZip. It has a program called zipsplit. Unfortunately
I can't find all the docs, but it is available at:

ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/infozip/

The only doc I have (dated 31/5/97) says:

What is (still!) not added is multi-part archive support (a.k.a. "diskette
spanning") and a unified and more powerful DLL interface.  These are the
two highest priorities for the 6.x releases.  Work on the former is almost
certain to have commenced by the time you read this.  This time we mean it!
You betcha. :-)

It is ported to just about every OS you're likely to come across.