Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 11:22:29 -0600
From:      Peter Kuyarov <Peter@Impact8.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, "'freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PPP takes a dump

I have run successfully user ppp and NATd, I did a cvsup src-all (never
recompiled it it only started downloading before I ended it and turned off
the pc) I turned it on next day, now ppp does not work:
#ppp
Working in interactvie mode
DATE/TIME uid 0 ppp (pid 555) exited on signal 12 core dumped
invalid system call
#
 [well somethign along those lines]

What can be causing this?  Did cvsup upgrade my bins? (I put it into
/usr/src) and that is all I did when it was working, turn off pc, turn it
back on, ppp is dead.  I have not tried kernel ppp yet.  I have also noticed
that sendmail is dumping on me (signal 12 also) I dont' know if this was
doing it before but just in case I'm telling you guys.  I have submitted
this before, but I was not sure if it ever went thru or not.  TY for all
your help
--- http://users.americanisp.net/~peterk/images/takeittux.jpg --- The Power
to Make One Laugh
--- www.nul.cjb.net --- The Power to Crash