Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 2000 23:23:43 -0500
From:      David Drum <david@mu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   stunnel + imap vs. outlook express

Hello everyone,

I am using stunnel to launch imapd.  The certificate I am using for
stunnel is not signed.  Netscape 4.75's Messenger works great with
this setup.  Microsoft Outlook Express 5.02 comes back with

	Unable to establish a secure connection to "localhost".  There is
	a problem with the security certificate from that server.  Use
	Internet Explorer to install the correct certificate.

which would indicate to me that it does not like the fact that the stunnel
certificate is unsigned.  Afterwards, in the Error Description window,
it claims "The identity certificate name is not correct."  Furthermore,
in /var/log/messages I get the stunnel error message covered in the FAQ at
http://www.stunnel.org/faq/troubleshooting.html#ToC9 (SSL_accept error).

I /do/ have SSL turned on in the OE account options, BTW.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?  Thank you very much!

Regards,

David Drum
david@mu.org