Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:01:18 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Bartek Gajda <gajda@man.poznan.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mirroring the WWW pages- question about setup

--3lcZGd9BuhuYXNfi

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 05:22:25PM +0100, Bartek Gajda wrote:
> hello!
>=20
> May I ask for a little help?
> We have tried to set up web pages mirror, but we want to do it on already=
=20
> installed high performance linux box not BSD.
> I think that it acceptable by "mirror community" because I do not want to=
=20
> make some precedent! ;-)
>=20
> The question is: how to generate standard *html files after making cvsup ?
>=20
> I should use make command as it has been written in >3.3 Mirroring the WW=
W=20
> pages<: "Note: For the website to be visible, users must execute the=20
> make(1) command in the main www directory. This command will create the=
=20
> standard *.html files for web viewing. For this to work however, the=20
> textproc/docproj port must be installed.
>=20
> Unfortunately this make works on BSD not on linux.=20
> I tried with pmake - but it does not work also.
>=20
> Any solutions?
> Or should we switch to wget? but it "is probably not recommended" accordi=
ng=20
> to your mirror requirements :-(

Actually, I believe you can use CVSup to fetch the already-built and
rendered website; you can do this by getting the 'current' release of
the 'www' collection, e.g.:

<quote>
*default host=3Dcvsup.de.FreeBSD.org
*default base=3D/usr
*default prefix=3D/home/roam/tmp/web
*default release=3Dcurrent
*default delete use-rel-suffix

*default compress

www
</quote>

The operative option is 'release=3Dcurrent'.

Hope this helps!

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@sbnd.net    roam@FreeBSD.org
No language can express every thought unambiguously, least of all this one.

--3lcZGd9BuhuYXNfi

--3lcZGd9BuhuYXNfi--