Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 1996 23:58:09 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Stephen Hocking <sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gamesheads sit up & take note.

> In a recent posting to rec.games.quake.*, John Romero said that Quake would b
> released first under DOS, then Linux & a few other Unices (inc. Plan9, which
> isn't, but what the heck), then Win95. Now either we get in with a CD +
> machine to id, or we make sure that the Linux ELF emulation works fine by
> then, otherwise there are going to be a hell of a lot of disappointed people
> out there....

It will have to be the latter because they've already said many times
that they've no interest in doing any additional UNIX ports now.
FreeBSD in particular seems to be the subject of some unexplained
animosity over at ID, so I've simply stopped pressing the issue at
all.  Run the Linux version! :)

					Jordan