Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 2006 16:25:54 -0300 (BRT)
From:      scuba@centroin.com.br
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mkisofs: out of memory

Hi all,

 	I'm trying to write a DVD-RW with a directory created with
rsnapshot, but there are some problem with mkisofs: "Not enough memory"

# mkisofs -R -J -o /data/rsnap.iso /data/.snapshots
mkisofs: Cannot allocate memory. Not enough memory

 	The machine has more then 350MB of free memory and 1GB of swap,
but mkisofs exausts memory and start to use swap when the problem happen.
 	The volume I'm trying to copy has 4 GB.
 	The same problem happen with growisofs, and K3b front end.

 	System FreeBSD 5.4.
 	Any clue?

- Marcelo