Date:      Wed, 24 Aug 2005 10:52:59 +1000
From:      freebsd-questions@auscert.org.au
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RELENG_6 upgrade from RELENG_5

Thanks,

> I think much better to leave GENERIC as is and making new config file like th
> is:
>
> include GENERIC
>
> ident NEWKERNEL
>
> nomakeoption DEBUG
> nooptions KDB
> nooptions DDB
> nooptions GDB
> nooptions INVARIANTS
> nooptions INVARIANTS_SUPPORT
> nooptions WITNESS
> nooptions WITNESS_SKIPSPIN

This approach is new to me (I presume it is new to 6, or else I've not
been awake) - looks like a good way to build a config file.  I appreciate
the other replies with information about where to get UPDATING - thanks
Gary and Nikolas.

regards,
-- Joel Hatton --
Security Analyst                    | Hotline: +61 7 3365 4417
AusCERT - Australia's national CERT | Fax:     +61 7 3365 7031
The University of Queensland        | WWW:     www.auscert.org.au
Qld 4072 Australia                  | Email:   auscert@auscert.org.au