Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 1996 17:14:55 +0000
From:      "Aaron Dailey" <aarond@btc.adaptec.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PS/Valuepoint and keyboard hang on install

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 2.1 Release on an IBM  PS/Valuepoint
6384, and get a keyboard lock once everything boots.  I saw a
similar question in the mailing list database, but never saw a
resolution, and email bounces when I try to ask the person that sent
it.

I started to install FreeBSD on the same machine several months ago
and got past this point.  It was, however, with an earlier BIOS, and
a different version of FreeBSD. I was running a 486SX25, which I've
since upgraded to a Overdrive DX4/100. I'm not sure if and of these
things broke it.

Also, there's some comments in the FAQ about having to rebuild the
kernel with different options if your keyboard locks, but I really
don't want to install FreeBSD on aonther machine to build a kernel
that may or may not solve my problem.

Any ideas or suggestions . . . I've run FreeBSD in the past (on a
different machine)  and want to run it again.
Aaron Dailey
aarond@btc.adaptec.com