Date:      Fri, 6 Apr 2001 20:00:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "David A. Koran" <dak@solo.net>
To:        <tmchow@sfu.ca>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Break in stable code?

umass is the USB Mass Storage device and as specified in your kernel config,
needs to have the following enabled (probing the NCR PCI bus):

device         scbus           # SCSI bus (required)
device         da              # Direct Access (disks)

If you don't have USB or don't want to use the umass stuff, just comment it
out at the bottom of the file (where the USB settings are).

David