Date:      Sun, 29 Oct 2000 17:25:15 -0600
From:      "Shawn Barnhart" <swb@grasslake.net>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   HP Netserver LC2000 installs OK but no boot?

I just got a new HP Netserver LC2000 and while I wait for the disk array
cabinet, I've been trying to get FreeBSD running.  It uses a Serverworks
chipset and a Symbios SCSI chipset.  I have a drive in a hotswap port
and FreeBSD (from the 4.1.1 release ISO) installs with no complaints,
but after installation I can't seem to boot -- it just hangs.  Win2k
will install and boot without a problem.

I've had this experience before related to other problems and other
platforms.  Under Linux I'd use the hell out of loadlin from a DOS
prompt -- is there some FreeBSD equivilent that will boot a kernel
without relying on the usual three-stage harddisk based boot loader?