Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 1999 14:32:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        thierry.herbelot@alcatel.fr
Cc:        cjclark@home.com, anarchy@gold.com.br, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CD RW

Thierry Herbelot wrote,
> Wait !
>
> if the HP7200 is an IDE CD-Writer, it is directly supported by the
> burndata.sh or bunaudio scripts in /usr/share/examples
>
> cdrecord works only with IDE drives under FreeBSD
                           ^^^
ITYM,

	s/IDE/SCSI/

Anyway, I looked up the HP 7200 and apparently it is a *gasp* parallel
device (7200e) or IDE (7200i).

The scripts in /usr/share/examples/worm use the wormcontrol(8) command
for the worm(4) device. From the worm(4) manpage,

DESCRIPTION
     The worm driver was provided under FreeBSD releases prior to FreeBSD 3.0.

     The FreeBSD SCSI layer was replaced for FreeBSD 3.0 by a CAM-compliant
     SCSI layer.  The new SCSI layer doesn't include a worm(4) driver, and
     isn't likely to include one in the future.

And from older FreeBSD, 2.2.8-STABLE, worm(4) says,

DESCRIPTION
     The worm driver provides support for SCSI CD-R recording devices.

I'm not sure where to turn for IDE CD Writer support, let alone a
_parallel_ CDD.