Date:      Fri, 8 Jun 2001 01:31:57 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Boll_Overgaard?= <freebsd@macmad.dk>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   new port and trouble upgrading

Hello

I am currently the maintainer of a rather small port (sysutils/wmcpuload),
and I am trying to prepare a new version of it, but am having difficulties.
I've altered the Makefile (and distinfo) files, to build the newest version
of the program, and everything appears to be working fine while doing make
install. It runs smoothly, and finishes up with:

===>   Registering installation for wmcpuload-0.5.0
===>  SECURITY NOTE:
      This port has installed the following binaries which execute with
      increased privileges.
691146   28 -rwxr-sr-x    1 root             kmem                14236 Jun
8 01:25 /usr/X11R6/bin/wmcpuload

So far so good. Afterwards, I attempt to do a 'make deinstall', and
apparantly all files are deinstalled correctly, but I get this error:

===>  Deinstalling for wmcpuload-0.5.0
pkg_delete: couldn't open dependency file
/var/db/pkg/XFree86-3.3.6_9/+REQUIRED_BY'

I then attempt to build an install the port as a package by doing
'make package' and 'pkg_add <filename>'. However, this results in the
following error:

pkg_add: could not find package XFree86-3.3.6_9 !

I've been looking through the mailinglistarchives, and on google, but have
been unable to come up with a solution for the problem. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Søren O.