Date:      06 Feb 2001 21:43:28 +0100
From:      Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   4.2 Stable and SMBUS support ?

I have a Abit KT7A motherboard and i wonder if it would be possible to
monitor the smbus with FBSD.

The motherboard have such a device and i can see the cpu's temp, fan's
rpm and voltages from BIOS menu. The card's doc claims it is possible
to do so under Windows.

The LINT conf file gives examples of smbus entries, and the wmlmon
manpage says the following options are required to use the /dev/smb0
interface:

           controller      smbus0
           controller      iicbus0
           controller      iicbb0
           controller      intpm0
           device          smb0    at smbus?

So, i put these lines in my conf file (changing 'controller' with
'device') and rebuild my kernel. The reboot doesn't show anything
related to smbus and any attempt to use wmlmon (or wmhm) with
/dev/smb0 gives, of course, an error.

Is there somebody here which already has solved this problem with such a
card ? (one tell me FreeBSD supports smbus with Asus cards).

        Thanks in advance,
--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1284852700 secondes.