Date:      Thu, 5 Jun 2014 21:50:36 -0400
From:      Andrew Lewman <freebsd@lewman.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pkg upgrade dependencies and failures

Hi,

Just a question on how others handle pkg upgrade failures. On FreeBSD
10.0-RELEASE-p2, I ran "pkg upgrade" today, and get this:

"pkg: WARNING: locally installed lua-5.1.5_6 conflicts on /usr/local/include/lua51/lauxlib.h with:
        - lua51-5.1.5_7"

pkg -f upgrade returns the same error. I can either uninstall lua-5.1.5_6
and all dependent packages to upgrade, or just not upgrade anything.

uninstalling everything dependent on lua seems a sledgehammer approach.

What do others do?

Thanks.

--
Andrew