Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2001 00:45:04 +0200
From:      Thomas Moestl <tmoestl@gmx.net>
To:        Daniel Wong <s2209866@cse.unsw.edu.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freeBSD.org>, freebsd-net@freeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how to Getting Sysctl to work ....

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 08:31:01AM +1000, Daniel Wong wrote:
> I can't get my sysctl to come up in my sysctl -A
>
> I have in my kernel code defined SYSCTL_STRUCT(_net_inet_ip, ... ...) and
> under in.h (I'm working under Ip) added my sysctl definition, i presume it's
> just adding the extra enum definition for my sysctl right ?
>
> I did a clean compile of the kernel (kernel only not world) and it doesn't
> want to show up in my sysctl -A call... why ??

sysctl -A will only show sysctls which it knows how to interpret the
values of. This is probably not the case with yours (it depends on the
fmt argument).
If you want to know whether your sysctl exists in the kernel, do
"sysctl name" and see whether it complains (it won't print the value
in that case, though).

	- thomas