Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 1996 21:25:18 -0800
From:      bluese@kbbs.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Boot problem w/net config

Date: Thu, 22 Feb 96 21:06:58 PST

I am running 2.0.5 on a pentium machine with a 3COM 3C509 adaptor.  All
non-used devices have been "deleted" with the -c boot option program.
The wierd problem I have encountered is as follows, and I certainly
appreciate any advice you can give me -
Upon booting, after the devices have been probed, and after the initial
fsck, the system hangs 3 different times, but eventually boots
sucessfully and with no error messages or time out msgs.  I am concerned
with a problem appearing on the net at a later date tho, and wanted to
know if you have encountered this.
The first hang is right after this console msg
EP0: flags=863<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,SIMPLEX> mtu 1500
      inet 206.29.15.68 netmask 0xffffffc0 broadcast 206.29.15.127
      ether 00:0a:24:2b:6b:f3
This hangs for about 3 minutesd
Then the next 2 msgs
Lo0:flags=8009<UP,LOOPBACK,MULTICAST> mtu 16384
     inet 127.0.01 netmask 0xff000000
add net default: gateway 206.29.15.65
AT this point the sys hangs for about 5-7 minutes
after which the sys gives another msg
add net 244.0.0.0 gateway namesrv (the machine name itself)
another long hang and then
add net 244.0.0.0 gateway localhost
-
Any ideas?  Or does this even indicate a prob?  The system is functional
as a nameserver after boot up, so it appears to work as far as I can
tell.
Thanks