Date:      Fri, 24 May 1996 15:15:09 -0600
From:      Gary Aitken <garya@ics.com>
To:        Joe McGuckin <joe@ns.via.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: UPS question

> I'd like to put a router and CSU's on a UPS. The total wattage is about 500W.
>
> If I get a 1000VA UPS, how long will the battery last?

We have a BackUPS Pro 1000, rated at 1000VA, maximum load 670W.
The literature claims typical on battery runtime would be 9
min for a 700VA load, (500W x 1.4 = 700VA).

We've never run it down, however, so I don't know what it
really does.  The power's only been off long enough to matter
once, and after five minutes we manually shut everything down.
We use it primarily for bridging short glitches, obviously.

--
Gary Aitken		garya@ics.com		(business)
			garya@dreamchaser.org	(personal)