Date:      Mon, 2 Dec 1996 02:00:37 -0600
From:      "Allen Hyer" <allenh@wtrt.net>
To:        "John Scharles" <johns@cruz.isle.net>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: need help with samba and win95

> >  When I open network neighborhood, the only entry is "entire network".
> >When I double click "entire network", I am greeted with the error
message
> >"unable to browse network".
> >
> Sounds like you don't have the workgroups setup correctly.....you should
see
> your computer name and the others in your workgroup in the Network
> neighborhood window. Under entire network you should see your workgroup
and
> any others in the domain. Try making the workgroup in the
network-properties
> of win95 and the smb.conf file the same.

I have checked this...the win95 machine and the freebsd box both have their
workgroup set to UNIXGRP.  Those are the only two machines configured, as I
am trying to figure out how to use samba.  I confirmed this by checking the
setup manually, and by using Find Computer... for both host names.  Find
Computer shows that both are set to UNIXGRP, but entire network is all that
shows up in network neighborhood.

Allen Hyer
System Administrator
West Texas Rural Telephone