Date:      Tue, 4 Jun 2002 13:52:02 -0400
From:      "Will Saxon" <WillS@housing.ufl.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Adaptec ANA-6922 question

I am trying to use one of these cards in a 4.6-RC machine, and I can't =
seem to get it to work correctly with full-duplex. Whenever I force full =
duplex using ifconfig, it works but the media line is:

media: Ethernet 100baseTX <full-duplex> (100baseTX)

My experience is mostly with xl and fxp driven cards, generally when I =
set something to full duplex it does not have the (100baseTX) at the end =
there.

Also, file transfers are slow and collisions are showing up via netstat. =
The switch port is definitely set to full duplex. I have not tried =
resetting to autoneg on both sides (the tool I have access to does not =
allow me to do that). If I reset the port to half duplex everything =
works fine.=20

While I realize it is considered rude, I would appreciate a direct reply =
as I am not actually subscribed to this list anymore.

Thanks!

Will Saxon
Systems Programmer
Division of Housing Network Services