Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2000 14:48:37 -0800
From:      "Jonathan Graehl" <jonathan@graehl.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   support for ES1731 chipset in Creative CT4810 AudioPCI?

device pcm in -STABLE kernel config

dmesg:
pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x1274, dev=0x5880) at 9.0 irq 11

According to creative tech support (which seems quite knowledgable), the
card I have (model CT4810) is indeed an AudioPCI, although the driver disk I
received with it was "Sound Blaster PCI 16".  The card is identified as
"Creative Labs AudioPCI" in Windows ME, for what it's worth ;)

Is my card supported in -STABLE or -CURRENT?  How can I get more detail
about the attempted detection, if any, of my card by the ES1371 driver
probe?

I have searched mailing list archives, and, so far as I can tell, with
device pcm in 4.x on, PCI ES1370/1371 cards should be detected on boot
without any hints or other intervention.

Thanks,
Jon