Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 15:12:04 +0100
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Pierre=2DFran=E7ois?= LAURAND <pf.laurand@sig.pm.gouv.fr>
To:        tresstatus@bsdpunk.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UDMA errors

Hi,
I have the same errors with a IBM DTLA which is slave on the first ide
map.
After the ICRC write error, the kernel is going back in pio mode for
that drive.
I have to "sysctl -w hw.atamodes=dma,dma,dma" to enforce the drive to be
kept in UDMA.
So, I have solved this problem with a new IDE map for the drive.
Hope that could help you.

// Pierre-François LAURAND <pf.laurand@sig.pm.gouv.fr>