Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 2002 13:07:33 -0400
From:      "Anthony Abby" <anthonyabby@aplusdata.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>

>But does a list subscriber need to find/remember and use his list password
>to unsubscribe?
>
>That stupid requirement pretty much kills mailman for the non-geek,
>mass-market crowd.
>
>Len

Yes they do, and not to mention that, but most people will subscribe/unsubscribe from the graphical interface anyway, and I think most people who are familiar with mailing lists will attest, it's HORROR trying to admin a list hosted by Mailman.  Until the developers make the unsubscribe "feauture" more pronounced in Mailman, you're always going to have lord knows how many screaming people on your list who don't know how to unsubscribe.  It's terrible.... check out the Redhat mailing lists sometime!

Anthony