Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 2000 02:19:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Stephen Hansen <stephen@cerebralmaelstrom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cyrus/Sieve Installation

I'm not positive my mail is working and actually getting sent out,
but... :)

I've installed Cyrus+Postfix+fetchmail from the ports tree and for the
most part everything seems to be working fine. Fetchmail downloads
the mail and tosses off to Postfix, which then hands it over to Cyrus
through deliver, but for some reason, the ~/.sieve script doesn't appear
to be DOING anything. I used the 'testsieve' program to make sure my
filters work, but I don't thinkt he scripts are being executed.

I did put 'sieveusehomedir: true' into my /usr/local/etc/imapd.conf

Also, i'm getting some rogue processes that pop up out of apparently
nowhere. The only thing I can think of is that Pine is somehow launching
rsh when it connects to the local machine to get my mail.

The process, a la ps -aw as root, is:

1113  p6- IW     0:00.00 /usr/bin/rsh 127.0.0.1 -l zigron exec /etc/rimapd

BTW, there is nothing in /etc/rimapd

Thanks for any help.

--S