Date:      Wed, 29 Jul 1998 10:08:21 +0100
From:      "Rob McIntyre" <rob@perihelion.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   fsck errors

Hi,

I'm currently trying to debug a version of FreeBSD that has been
ported onto our Helios operating system.
After running newfs on an ide device, fsck produces errors indicating
that some number of inodes are partially allocated and others are of
an unknown file type (shown below). Could you tell me more about
what these messages actually mean and maybe give me some
advice on tracking down such file system errors during the fast file
system creation in newfs.
Any help would be grately appreciated.

Rob.

R.A.McIntyre MSc,