Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 13:55:19 -0400
From:      "Cribbins, Jason" <Jason.Cribbins@qwest.com>
To:        john253@crosswinds.net
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Unable to boot 4.1.1

I may have got the ad and da mixed up since I was unable to do copy/paste to
ensure everything was accurate due to the nature of the server at the time
of me writing the email.

As for the swap I didn't get two swap drives because I created it myself on
the SCSI before I did auto on the IDE.  When I did the auto on the IDE the
install program saw I already had a swap and didn't make a new one but
rather allocated more to the /usr slice.  I have 16MB or RAM so the auto
program would have given me a 32MB swap and I didn't want that.  I plan to
upgrade ram in the near future so I planned on larger swap now.

Also note that the onboard IDE port is disabled in bios which I do not have
access to because of the computer design.  Its a Compaq and the bios is
accessed via a partition on the boot drive which BSD apparently wiped out
during the first install.  There is a working onboard SCSI controller with a
520MB SCSI drive attached which is way too small for my purposes.
Since I Am unable to find the exact model number of this box I cannot
download the proper "softpaq" from their web site.  I have tried 8 different
ones for models that were made in P90 processors and all have failed.  There
are about 30+ more I can use but don't have time or patience to bother.  It
was easier to just buy this IDE controller card.

Any other questions you need answered so you can help me out here?