Date:      Fri, 17 May 2002 12:30:47 -0700
From:      JJ Behrens <jj@nttmcl.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re: Can Sysinstall now deal with 2 FBSD partitions?

> I made a new slice and labeled it.  And the install went to the old slice.  Simple as that.  And nowhere did it ask what slice I wanted to use.  Now what I am wondering is if the newer sysinstall has that functionality?  Rob.

I wouldn't expect it to ask you which slice to use.  Afterall, it'll use
whichever partitions you mounted for /, /var, /usr, etc.  Perhaps you
can describe:

What do your slices look like?
How is each slice partitioned?
When labelling the new slice, how was everything labelled after you finished?

By the way, I can confirm that sysinstall can install two separate versions of
FreeBSD because I used to run STABLE and CURRENT at the same time on the same
laptop by using different slices.

Best Regards,
-jj

--
Users of C++ should consider hanging themselves rather than shooting their
legs off--it's best not to use C++ simply as a better C.