Date:      Sun, 04 Nov 2001 18:01:00 -0800
From:      bmah@freebsd.org (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Cc:        bmah@freebsd.org
Subject:   One True Awk licensing

--==_Exmh_1335627404P

Hi--

About a week ago, I said I'd report back if I heard anything from my
query to bwk about the state of licensing for 1TAwk.

The high order bit is that although he's retired from Lucent (and
therefore isn't an official representative of Lucent), he feels that
the license "should not be an impediment to your including awk...in
FreeBSD".  (I'm paraphrasing here in an attempt to avoid quoting large
parts of a private email on a public list.)

bwk wanted us to let him know if we decide to use it, because he has a
few minor code fixes (no feature changes) he'd like us to take too.

(This all happened before we ran into the problem with needing POSIX.1
character class support, and DES's subsequent patch to incorporate this
feature.)

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_1335627404P

--==_Exmh_1335627404P--