Date:      Mon, 16 Aug 1999 00:54:34 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mail archive search bug?

Is the mail archive search engine broken? I was searching for
something and noticed a post from me dated 1995, a year before I
discovered FreeBSD!!.

I did some simple tests and this is the output:

Search for ``+Volume+Label'' in -questions only, sorted by date
and with 25 matches includes this:

25.Doug White Re: Reading the "Volume Label" of a CD
Score: 1098; Lines: 41; 23-Feb-1995; Archive: freebsd-questions

Search for ``+Mark+Ovens'' in -questions only, sorted by date and
with 25 matches includes this:

15.Doug White Re: Reading the "Volume Label" of a CD
Score: 875; Lines: 41; 05-Feb-1997; Archive: freebsd-questions

Search for ``+Mark+Ovens'' in -questions only, sorted by date and
with 50 matches includes this:

37.Doug White Re: Reading the "Volume Label" of a CD
Score: 875; Lines: 41; 08-Jul-1996; Archive: freebsd-questions

3 different dates and all wrong!! The actual date of this message
is 20 Apr 1999: