Date:      Sat, 15 Jun 2002 08:39:04 +0900
From:      Michael Westbay <westbay@seaple.icc.ne.jp>
To:        j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>, Joe Shevland <jshevland@j-elite.com>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Recommended servlet starter tools?

mckitrick-san wrote:

> Question: my poor little P2-266 is pegged to the limit when I run
> tomcat and try to access the home page.  Is this normal?

Add memory and/or eliminate X and you should be fine.  I have a 200MHz Fr=
eeBSD=20
with Tomcat 4 that actually out performs P-500's with Win2000/Tomcat in s=
ome=20
cases.

The CPU rev is Netscape.  Once I started accessing the server from a diff=
erent=20
computer, that 200MHz machine really started to fly.

> Also, accessing http://localhost:8080 never shows anything.  It seems t=
> be a new way of turning on my CPU fan.  ;-)

You took previous advice and are using the Tomcat4 port, right?  Well, To=
mcat=20
4 is setup to use port 8180 for the stand-alone server, not port 8080.  S=
ee=20
$TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml for a detailed description of what ports are=
=20
being used.

Hope this helps.

--=20