Date:      Sat, 19 Oct 1996 00:03:36 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Cc:        wilko@yedi.iaf.nl
Subject:   Re: volunteering (was: putting 'whining' to work)

As Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > How big would such a test-snap be (in Mb) ? Assuming bin only, etc.
>
> ~50MB

But if Guido's question was merely refering to the required size of
disk space:

j@uriah 406% df -k /usr/release
Filesystem  1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/sd1g      580141    20808   512922     4%    /usr/release

That's the partition where i (obviously ;) cut test-releases.  It
doesn't literally fill up to the last bit, but i believe at least 400
MB are used.  The CVS tree itself is around 200 MB these days.  It
grew heavily with the import of gcc 2.7.2 and some other stuff in
src/contrib recently, causing me to buy a larger disk for my /home
filesystem...

But of course, it's the same for me as for Guido: disk space and CPU
cycles are much cheaper than Internet bandwidth.

--
cheers, J"org